About The Diva
A powerful champion in a mild mannered package. This is how colleagues and clients often describe Catherine. Ms. Fleming has tackled a wide range of cases at the firm. She excels with cases that require tenacity and frequent client communication. When appearing in court, judges and opposing counsel alike have credited her for surprising them with her persuasive arguments. Her clients love her because she cares about them like they are part of her family.
At law school, Catherine served on the board of the law journal, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, as the Research and Technical Editor. She has been instrumental in getting the SKW publications from rough draft to the final publication.
Ms. Fleming began her time at Stritmatter Kessler as a law clerk in 2005. Upon graduating from law school in 2007, Catherine has continued to contribute to the firm with a focus on consumer protection class action, wrongful death, insurance bad faith/breach of contract, and serious injury cases. As a carryover from her previous career at high tech companies, including Microsoft and Qwest (now Century Link) and digital marketing agencies, she is particularly passionate about righting wrongs on behalf of consumers who have suffered because of a company’s negligent handling of their sensitive, personal information and/or improper marketing practices.
Whenever she finds a free moment, she enjoys contributing to the firm’s blog.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., Research & Technical Editor for law journal, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, APILSA board
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Philosophy, Summa Cum Laude, University Honors Scholar
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S. program for Business Economics, National Merit Scholarship
Outside the Office
Catherine enjoys spending time with her young daughter, who was born soon after she graduated from law school. Documentaries and foreign films are an indoor passion she shares with her husband, Eric. An avid runner, she finds running a great way to decompress.
- Washington State Association for Justice, EAGLE Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Diversity Committee
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
- Women in Security and Privacy
- International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP)